> > So I propose that all new GUI's should be built to look for
> > POSTGUI_HALFILE and TOUCHY be patched now to do this.
> > I have coded a patch to TOUCHY that calls whatever file is
> > under the heading POSTGUI_HALFILE = in the INI file
> > just like AXIS does. It does this after it loads touchy.hal.
> > So it should not break existing configs that don't use
> > POSTGUI but does allow postgui HAL files to load as the DOCS
> > talk about.
> >
> > Opinions?
> >
> > Chris M
>

> Chris, et al --
>
> If changes are to be made I suggest supporting multiple POSTGUI_HALFILE
> lines, to execute multiple files in order, as is currently the case with
> multiple HALFILE lines. This would be helpful to modularize hal
> configuration. In my case this would help for moving configs between a
> simulation machine and the real one, and enabling GUI indicators for debug.
>
> Karl

Karl thanks for chiming in.

One option you can use right now that may help is in your postgui hal file
add the commands :
source filename.hal
source filename2.hal

This also works I'm not sure the difference

loadusr halcmd -f filename.hal
loadusr halcmd -f filename2.hal

While I don't disagree with your request that would require AXIS and Touchy to
be changed.
I was hoping my request could be put in 2.5 (smaller change easier to get
acceptance - I hope)

see the patch here:
http://pastebin.com/021DixCV

Chris M