A few questions for who ever is looking after the hostmot2 repo.

first:
PNCconf will now configure Mesa's new 5i25 card which uses the 7i76 daughter
board.
I expect to add support in PNCconf for a servo version too.
The 5i25 is going to be popular with users.
The best user experience is if the XML file PNCconf needs is included in the
repo
with all the other board's firmwares.
The 5i25 is different as the firmware is 'flashed' (basically once) not loaded
each time
like other boards so it really doesn't need the BIT file though there is one.
I have hand built a minimum XML file that serves PNCconf's purpose.

So can we add a folder named 5i25 and have the XML file 7i76x2 in it ?

second:
Is it possible to have the program that creates the XML file as a standalone ?
Often Peter creates custom firmware and it's a little tedious to hand build the
XML files. I looked at it but .... its fairly cryptic to me...

third:
It would be nice to correct the bit file for the 7i48's mux select pin

fourth:
Is there any plan to add any firmwares that supports sserial in the repo.

Thanks
Chris M

Learn Windows Azure Live!  Tuesday, Dec 13, 2011