Gentle persons:

This message also covers editorial issues I found reviewing the HTML
files on http://www.linuxcnc.org/docs/2.5/ concerning the (English) User
manual. In this email I shall call them parts. I have titled my comments
on each part according to the link title in index.html and given the
linked-to HTML file name in parentheses.

I assume many of the instances of useless hyperlinks resulted from the
breakup of the documents.

Several parts have multiple instances of our indiscriminate use of "g
code" with and without "g" or "c" in caps and with and without a space
or hyphen between "g" and "code".

---
Gcode Overview (gcode/overview.html)

Generally, this part reflects the style of the underlying NIST papers in
that it says "RS274/NGC" in some places and "RS274NGC" in others, not to
mention "RS-274NGC". Oh well.

In section 5. Parameters (Variables) in the description of Persistence
and of Intended Use, there are four instances of hyperlinks that seem
unnecessary and don't resolve to anything useful. They are ".var file",
"subroutine parameters", "numbered parameters" and "predefined named
parameters." If they are deemed necessary then the links should be fixed.

---
G-Codes (gcode/gcode.html)

In sections 3., 4., and 5., the hyperlink has to be fixed in the
recurring line "see the Radius Compensation Section". Note: based on
section 24., I believe this hyperlink should be
"gcode/tool_compensation.html#sec:cutter-radius-compensation" which may
also be the answer to a question I raised yesterday in Part A of this
message.

In section 12. G10 L2 Set Coordinate System the hyperlink in the last
sentence, "...described in the Coordinate System Section" needs to be fixed.

In section 16. G17 - G19.1 Plane Selection in the last sentence, the
hyperlink to Section "G81 G89" needs to be fixed.

In sections 18. and 19. the hyperlinks to "parameters" need to be fixed,
perhaps becoming "gcode/overview.html#sec:parameters"?

In section 30. G54-G59.3 Select Coordinate System the hyperlink needs to
be fixed in the last sentence "See the Coordinate System Section...."

---
M-Codes (gcode/m-code.html)

In section 8. M48, M49 Coolant Control the hyperlink needs to be fixed
in the final sentence "See the Feed Interaction Section ...."

In section 10. M51 Spindle Speed Override Control the hyperlink needs to
be fixed in the final sentence "...(described in Spindle Speed Section)."

In sections 15., 16., and 17. each last sentence refers to entities that
don't seem to exist. In the Integrator Manual portion of the
html/index.html file there are four entries with the word
"Configuration" in them (INI Configuration, etc.) and none of the linked
pages have an "EMC2 and HAL" chapter or subsection.

---
O-Codes (...)

No comments.

---
Other Codes (gcode/other-code.html)

In section 1. F: Set Feed Rate the hyperlink in "in the Feed Rate
Section" needs to be fixed.

In section 6. Probe Logging the hyperlink in "see the G38 Section" needs
to be fixed.

---
Gcode Examples (examples/gcode.html)

No comments.

---
Lathe User Information (lathe/lathe-user.html)

In section 1. Lathe Mode the sentence "See the INI File section of the
Integrator Manual..." is malformed. Perhaps it refers to the section
that is called "INI Configuration" in the Integrator Manual portion of
the html/index.html file.

In section 2. Tool Table in the last sentence the hyperlink needs to be
fixed in "see the Tool Table Format Section."

---
Image to Gcode (...)

No comments.

---
RS-274NGC Gcode (gcode/rs274ngc.html)

Here's the first place I looked for a reference to a RS274NGC document
but no joy.

In reality this section is solely about the differences in machine
behavior called for in RS274NGC and EMC2 definitions of same codes. I
think both the section title and the entry in html/index.html should be
adjusted to reflect this.

---

And that's all I have for the User Manual.

Regards,
Kent