Hi Rob,
this was due to a missing K word and not properly testing for it, your example
now works for me if I add a positive K word to the G84.1 line

http://git.mah.priv.at/gitweb/emc2-dev.git/shortlog/refs/heads/g84-dev

this is rebased on master; you might want to

git reset --hard remotes/origin/master
git pull origin master
git merge mah g84-dev

- Michael