On 1/16/2012 10:19 PM, Kent A. Reed wrote:
> On 1/16/2012 4:56 PM, andy pugh wrote:
>> On 14 January 2012 15:48, Kent A. Reed<knbr...@erols.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> man/man9/bldc.9.html
>>>
>>> The figure link (src="grohtml-288711.png") can't be resolved.
>> I have no idea where that link comes from.
>> That page is auto-generated from the manpage which is auto-generated
>> from the comp file:
>> http://git.linuxcnc.org/gitweb?p=emc2.git;a=blob;f=src/hal/components/bldc.comp;h=57354fc62f91a95008cdeda8bc62a2256919a479;hb=refs/heads/v2.5_branch
>>

>> Which does not contain the string "288" or "groh"
>>
>>> man/man9/bldc_hall3.9.html
>>> The figure link (src="grohtml-48721.png") can't be resolved.
>> Ditto.
>>
> Andy:
>
> I just got home and found your message.
>
> When I checked a few minutes ago the mystery link is gone from
> man/man9/bldc.9.html but still present in man/man9/bldc_hall3.9.html
> on www.linuxcnc.org/docs/2.5/html
>
> I just asked Google about "grohtml". Lo and behold, that's the same as
> the name of the html driver for groff. Don't ask me what this all
> means but it sounds suspiciously like a bug in the toolchain.
>
> And it's not just our bug. Check out
> http://http://www.x.org/releases/current/doc/man/man3/XkbLockModifiers.3.xhtml
>
> You'll see exactly the same form of broken link to a png file.
>
> I have no idea what is to be done.
>
> Regards,
> Kent

More news.

While I have momentarily screwed up my V2.5 branch and toolchain both,
just on a lark I tried searching my file siystem for files of the form
grohtml-<nnnnn>.png. It turns out I have several hanging around from
December 2011. The very first one appears to be from a build of
man/man9/bldc.9.html

In the image appear rows of numbers that repeat the tail of the contents
of the preceding "Phases, Source - Sink" Table. Every table entry from
pat=32 to pat=47 is reproduced but formatted differently from the table.

The visual content of this first image is

32;100;101;001;011;010;110   33;101;100;000;010;011;111
34;100;110;010;011;001;101
<...four more rows three columns each, beginning 35, 38, 41, 44...>
47;111;011;001;000;100;110

Any ideas anyone?

Regards,
Kent