On Tuesday 01 May 2012 22:21:50 Alexey Starikovskiy wrote:
> It is all good looking in theory, but how do you transfer this
> information to the servo drive?
> As I understand, now we have all calculations of trajectory done in
> servo thread with repeat
> rate equal to ~1kHz. This means that we calculate new data points for
> drive (either acceleration
> or velocity) only once per 1ms. It stays constant for this time
> period, and at best we have some
> ladder approximation of the A or V. How do you feet gauss or sine
> function for jerk into this setup?

From
http://www.aspe.net/publications/Spring_2001/01Sp%20Extended%20Abstracts/Arevalo.PDF
page 4, uppe left:
"In a i486–DX4
type processor at 66 Mhz (with FPU integrated),
running an ISR (interrupt service routine) that feeds a
servo controller at a rate of 250 Hz, under a
multitasking OS (Linux), there is not an appreciable
difference for the computational load of calculating any
of the profiles reviewed.
"
If this works 2001 I assume it is possible to get
it working now. Or we have to switch to i486 processors.

At this time I am not familiar enough with the
existing code to make usefull recommendations.

Joachim