2012/5/1 Alexey Starikovskiy <aysta...@gmail.com>:
> It is all good looking in theory, but how do you transfer this
> information to the servo drive?

If I understand correctly the question, then that is "mission
impossible 5" to implement jerk limitation in the feedback loop,
closed by servo drive, because AFAIK almost all of them are running
closed source firmware.
Jerk limitation is available only in feedback loop, closed by
LinuxCNC, and I think that it is sufficient - imagine the torque loop
closed in servo drive and velocity loop closed in LinuxCNC - requested
velocity from LinuxCNC will be jerk-limited, thus will have s-shape
curve instead of trapezodial. It does not matter if servo drive has
jerk limit or no, it is already there in requested velocity.

Viesturs