I'm not sure I understand all this.  Isn't kmail the kde email client?
As far as I know you have to install that yourself because it does not
come on the Ubuntu liveCD, which the LinuxCNC liveCD is based on.  If
you install Kubuntu it might be installed, but I don't know because I've
never used Kubuntu.

Moses