On 8/7/2012 7:46 AM, EBo wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Aug 2012 09:29:32 +0200, Joachim Franek wrote:
>> On Monday 06 August 2012 20:26:43 Viesturs Lācis wrote:
>>
>>> I do not have problem of getting 2 or 3 small machines to be
>>> controlled by LinuxCNC. What I need is to synchronize them, so that
>>> they work all together.
>>>
>> Have a look to
>> http://www.orocos.org/orocos/applications/krypton
> I am not sure I would call two robotic arms having a sword fight
> "cooperating", but that's just me...  I'm just say'n... ;-)

True, true.

I have a more fundamental problem. I've looked at the Orocos work in
another context and there's a lot to like. From the 50,000 foot (or
should I say 15 240m) level, however, it seems to be much like the
RCSLIB. Whichever platform is chosen, however, one still has to design
the overall system. Whether one could get to a workable prototype faster
using one or other another is probably more a matter of opinion than of
fact.

Thanks to Joachim for mentioning Orocos. I should have and didn't.

Regards,
Kent