On 10/29/12 13:16 , Steve Sakoman wrote:
> At this point though my build fails with:
>
> `__x86.get_pc_thunk.bx' referenced in section `.text' of
> objects/abs.tmp: defined in discarded section
> `.text.__x86.get_pc_thunk.bx[__x86.get_pc_thunk.bx]' of
> objects/abs.tmp
>
> which google tells me comes with using gcc 4.7
>
> Yocto Project uses gcc 4.7 by default, so reverting to 4.6 would be a
> bit painful.
>
> Has anyone resolved this issue with using gcc 4.7?

The newest gcc we regularly build with is 4.6.3, from Ubuntu Precise...
I don't know of anyone who's tried 4.7 yet, so you get to be the guinea pig!

abs is built by our 'comp' tool (which calls gcc).  Are you building for
realtime or sim?  In a realtime config, abs is built to be inserted into
the realtime kernel.  Maybe that's related to this problem, i don't know.

Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal recently came out, it's got gcc 4.7.  In case one
of our Ubutu geeks wants to give it a spin....

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky