Hello Joachim,

good to hear you got it to work!

Charles has added quite some unannounced magic to here:
http://git.mah.priv.at/gitweb/emc2-dev.git/shortlog/refs/heads/arm335x-hal-pru-module
 since I built the root filesystem with the repo in it

so you might want to

git pull origin arm335x-hal-pru-module
and rebuild
the interesting stuff is in configs/pru-example

Am 03.01.2013 um 21:42 schrieb Joachim Franek:

> Hello,
>
> the best wishes to all for 2013.
>
> Trying the setup from
> http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?BeagleboneDevsetup
> I have to add a file
>
> $ cat /etc/gdm/custom.conf
> [security]
> DisallowTCP=false
>
> (see http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1755126)
>
> and changed (as described)
>
> $ cat /etc/X11/xinit/xserverrc
> #!/bin/sh
> #exec /usr/bin/X -nolisten tcp "$@"
> exec /usr/bin/X  "$@"

thanks for those - feel free to add to the Wiki page!

> on Ubuntu 12.04 to be able to run linuxcnc with
> the window on the Xserver of my desktop box.
>
> Thanks to KAR for the explanations in the wiki.
>
> I have also observed the crashes after about 5min.

I had these initally as well, and I permuted a few power supplies; I use a
5V/2A supply now and the crashes went completely away since; USB power alone
definitely is insufficient

Once reason might well be that power management (CPU frequency scaled with
load) is turned off in kernel as per Xenomai recommendations, so it might well
use more power than with the default kernel

- Michael