On 1/3/2013 3:42 PM, Joachim Franek wrote:
> I have also observed the crashes after about 5min.
> But after several reboots I was able to run
> the cnc demo programm from sim/axis/axis_mm.

Hi, Joachim. I'm the KAR. I've traced my crashes to the way my
BeagleBone and DHCP server are interacting. I'm not sure yet what the
root cause is but I am sure it's not in Michael's
LinuxCNC/Xenomai/Ubuntu system since the same occurs when I network-boot
a Ubuntu Quantal system from the same server. It does not happen when I
boot /load everything directly from microSD card.

When you say "after several reboots" do you mean your crashes go away? I
never saw that. My systems reliably "die" at about 4 minutes (I just run
'top', wait for the lockup, and read the last recorded time) and I can
get a different lifetime by changing the default client-lease time in
the DHCP server. Having a lease expire should not make a client lock up.
Like I said, I'm not sure what the root cause is yet.

Welcome to the ARMband.

Regards,
Kent