On 07/02/2013 10:27 AM, Jon Elson wrote:
> I've been tinkering with learning Python and converting my
> C programs that generate G-code for the common operations
... snip
> Some others do a ramp-down version of treprect,
> step-down and ramp down versions of a round hole,
> a round pocket program, thread milling, and more.
>
> Jon

My rectangular pocket script checks tool diameter and the narrow pocket
width to select either a helical or ramp entry and creates a slot with
equal width between the finish and slot edges. The slot type entry uses
arc nibbles. The slot is then expanded to the rough edges except for the
corners. Each corner is then arc nibbled to the rough edges. The bottom
face is finish cut, then the pocket perimeter.

I used these examples:
http://www.sandvik.coromant.com/en-gb/knowledge/milling/application_overview/holes_and_cavities/Pages/default.aspx

--
Kirk Wallace