On 08/10/2013 09:55 AM, andy pugh wrote:
> On 7 August 2013 20:18, Sascha Ittner <sascha.itt...@modusoft.de> wrote:
>
>> The project home of the used EtherCAT master:
>> http://www.etherlab.org/de/ethercat/index.php
>
> There is an english version at: http://www.etherlab.org/en/ethercat/index.php
>
> I am not sure how we support things which require additional packages
> like this, as I don't think it is available as an installable package
> and the HAL driver needs the library to compile.
> I suspect that a similar situation is being handled with Modbus, but I
> don't know anything about that either.

That's an issue on RedHat-derivative operating systems, too.  I was able
to find an old etherlab specfile for an RPM package, but it's not part
of Fedora (Fedora won't ship alternative kernels or external kernel
modules, grr):

http://fab.fedorapeople.org/packages/testing/etherlab.spec

Since EtherCAT libs will be missing on most systems, library detection
would need to be added configure.in, and driver build made conditional
in the Makefiles.

        John