On 2/2/14 16:22 , Chris Morley wrote:
> For some of the new screens that favour touch screens,
> it is desirable to use a theme that make the scroll bar
> wider.
>
> I would like to add a theme to the linuxcnc package that
> is an example of this.
>
> I'm not sure what the proper way to do this is.
> I guess in a RIP, use a system link, otherwise install it??
> themes are stored in /use/share/themes and require root
> to add.
>
> Anybody got suggestions/comments

It's awkward to mix rip builds and system modifications of this kind.

LinuxCNC requires a number of system modifications, most notably the
ulimit memlock increase in /etc/security/limits.d.  If you wanted to add
more system modifications, that would be the least-worst model to follow.

Look at John Morris' check-system-configuration.sh script in his
zultron/ubc3-dev branch for how to detect missing system modifications
and inform the user on how to (ill-advisedly!) hand-modify their system.

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky