> What about ~/.themes?
>

> >> Anybody got suggestions/comments
> >
> > It's awkward to mix rip builds and system modifications of this kind.
> >
> > LinuxCNC requires a number of system modifications, most notably the
> > ulimit memlock increase in /etc/security/limits.d.  If you wanted to add
> > more system modifications, that would be the least-worst model to follow.
> >
> > Look at John Morris' check-system-configuration.sh script in his
> > zultron/ubc3-dev branch for how to detect missing system modifications
> > and inform the user on how to (ill-advisedly!) hand-modify their system.
>
> I don't know anything about GTK themes, but in general, RIP builds
> should not install anything outside the source tree.  The checks Seb
> pointed to inform the user at build time.  Are there run-time checks
> that could be made in addition/instead?
>
>       John

I didn't know about ~/.themes
My concern is users looking up how to add themes will be shown to add
them to /use/share/themes and also that is where most themes will be to
begin with.
It just seems unhelpful to have themes in multiple places...:(

I can cover that with docs and multiple-folder-searching selection boxes I
guess.

Ok so where in our directory should I add the sample?
etc? share? share/linuxcnc? include?

Thanks for your guys help

Chris M