I can recall, at least a year ago, building a xenomai enabled kernel on my
severely flea weight iron laptop, which has a 1400Mhz turion cpu in it, and
being rather surprised at what it was able to do at the time.  Latencies
were shall we say acceptable.  But not having a parport, it was basically
for the exercise.

Segway past two fresh installs which wiped the drive as it now has mint 14
on it.  With a Mint 16 disk laying in it, no real urge but will get to it
in due time when I need a remote terminal to run linuxcnc from via an
ssh Y -Y connection, which if I can put up with its 768x1050 display, it
actually does fairly well at.

Anyway, skip that because I wanted to try it on this machine, which has a 4
core 2200 Mhz phenom in it, now several years old, along with 8Gb of dram,
but running a 3.13.6 32 bit pae kernel.

Grabbed the latest xenomai-2.6.3 tar,bz2, and, trying to run the prepare-
kernel script against a copy of this more or less working kernel, I get to
question #2 it asks me about an ipipe patch, offering /dev/null.  That of
course is not a satisfactory answer to that script. :(

So, does anyone have a page describing how this is done for the later
kernels?

It sure would be nice if I could run a sim mode on this machine...

Thanks.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)