I too have seen bad break out boards but recently got one of
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171802685847

There seems to be a couple of versions of it on fleabay only tried the one

this has direct 74hct driving the opto in the driver rather than have
its own output optos, sensible in my opinion, which also means it can
drive high or low side optos

Dave Caroline