Key points - need help with a data cell phone connection to remote
equipment via a VPN.

Guys,

I'm working with some remotely located equipment and I need to establish
a comm link to it.

We have decided to go with a cell phone data connection.   We want to be
able to remotely access this equipment via a "site to site" VPN.
This is different than a client/server VPN connection that people
oftentimes use to connect back to corporate headquarters for email, file
sharing etc.

The remote equipment is ethernet based but it is not a generic PC, it's
a PLC.   So I need the remote cell phone modem/router to do all of the
work of encrypting the data, establishing the VPN tunnel, etc.  It needs
to be a VPN Router with a 4G modem built in that supports a "site to
site connection" and not just be a Router with VPN passthrough.

Sprint sells a Netgear 6100D 4G router that is suppose to do this. I
bought it and then Sprint told me that they will not support remote
access on this device!

Does anyone have any experience in doing this?   I've been talking to
"experts" at Sprint and they want me to use a Sprint approved 4G
cell/router that only supports VPN pass through after I have told them
over and over that I need to do a site to site VPN with their 4G router
acting as a VPN endpoint.

Sadly, they don't understand the requirements.

Ironically, TP Link sells a "wired" VPN router for about $60 that does
what I need, so I could "stack" routers to do what I need, but I really
don't want to have two routers in the remote control box.

There are some really brilliant people on this list so I am hoping that
someone can give me some advice/direction etc.

Thank You!

Dave

---