On 10/28/2015 04:31 PM, John Morris wrote:
> Hello again!
>
> I'm nearly done with two feature branches to add Fanuc compatibility.
> This first branch implements Fanuc-style m98/m99 subroutine calls.
> Another branch, nearly ready, will add Fanuc g52 'local coordinate
> offsets'.  Many thanks to Tormach for sponsoring this work!
>
> I just pushed a feature branch [1] for m98 and m99.  For details, see
> the top commit log.
>
> Related, some of the Fanuc subroutine examples I found online placed
> subroutines after the main program.  I originally thought this was
> simply a difference in Fanuc g-code, but while investigating how to the
> feature, it became clear it was just a regression!  The second-to-top
> commit is a one-liner fix, plus tests.
>
> Assuming the Buildbot passes, I'd appreciate a review.
 >
 > [1]:
 > http://git.linuxcnc.org/gitweb?p=linuxcnc.git;h=refs/heads/zultron/m98m99

I'll soon push an update to the m98/m99 feature branch that adds
Fanuc-style main program numbers.  See Smid's "CNC Programming Handbook
3rd. Ed.", p. 66, describing how main programs may begin with numeric
O-words in the same way as subprograms (but end with M02 or M30 instead
of M99).  This is an extra feature for compatibility with some CAM
software that generates G code for Fanuc controllers.  Example:

     O1000 (MY PART PROGRAM)
     G0 X1 Y2
     M30

Thanks-