On 09/29/2018 12:07 AM, andy pugh wrote:
> On Fri, 13 May 2016 at 19:18, John Morris <j...@zultron.com> wrote:
>
>> This branch [1] is ready for review.  Would someone mind taking a look?
>
> There was a query on the forum yesterday about nested subroutines in
> M98 format. Is that possible?
>
> https://forum.linuxcnc.org/40-subroutines-and-ngcgui/35293-are-nested-subroutines-possible#118085
>
> He re-coded in O-word format and has it working, but did he need to?

Are your questions about the recent M98/M99 work that recently went into
the LCNC master branch?  If so:

Of course the OP would have had to been running recent master to have
this feature.  There's no indication the OP was or wasn't running
master, unless it's a clue that the program with M98/M99 didn't work.

Nested subs are supported; see `tests/interp/m98m99/07-nested-subs`.

I didn't actually test the OP's program, but it looks good to me.

I've seen you helping out a lot of users on the forum.  That adds
tremendous value to the community, and I appreciate all the time and
effort you put into it, Andy.

        John