JT
the problem is not in the database per se , but in keeping the database in
sync
i have it just about working , with a distributed server , linked into my
camworks tooldatabase
on a windows server across 7 machines .

a little bit more testing , and see , the problem is it would need some
changes to linuxcnc
for serious users then fine , but probably not individuals .. thats my
trauma to work out if i can
to make it more transparent to the user . so just a heads up

On 25 December 2015 at 22:10, John Thornton <j...@gnipsel.com> wrote:

> This would be a trivial task for any UI, overwrite the tool table from a
> database and reload the tool table.
>
> I might be interested in this part...
>
> JT
>
> On 12/25/2015 3:07 PM, Neil Whelchel wrote:
> > Another
> > very important thing is that there should be some sort of a toolset
> > database. The flat tool file is a thing of the past. There needs to be a
> > way of associating part programs with specific sets of tools. Often,
> when I
> > setup a new part, I empty the tool changer and reload it with tools for
> > that job. Later, when I switch back to run more of the previous part, I
> > have to copy the previous tool file back. While this is easy, it can not
> be
> > done with any existing UI, and this is typical of the problems that the
> > existing UIs have.

The information contained in this message is confidential and is intended
for the addressee only. If you have received this message in error or there
are any problems please notify the originator immediately. The unauthorised
use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is strictly
forbidden. This mail and any attachments have been scanned for viruses
prior to leaving the RcTechnix network. RcTechnix will not be liable for
direct, special, indirect or consequential damages arising from alteration
of the contents of this message by a third party or as a result of any
virus being passed on.

RcTechnix reserves the right to monitor and record e-mail messages being
sent to and from this address for the purposes of investigating or
detecting any unauthorised use of its system and ensuring effective
operation.

(c) RcTechnix