Thanks for the info.  Out of curiosity, when starting a new cut, how
does the conventional EDM move onto the part?  The equivalent of a G0
might be fast enough that by the time it senses that it has touched the
part, you could be moving fast enough to break the tool or wire.  So, do
you do a slow G1 onto the part, and then G1 fast, or G0 through the
part?  Just curious.  I have never run a commercial EDM before.