On 05/31/2016 02:00 PM, John Morris wrote:
> I've enabled remap of the M62 thru M66 codes [1].  Is this of interest
> for merge into LinuxCNC?

In my opinion: yes.

> Seb, I borrowed your 'statbuffer-g5x-abort' test for this.  Proper
> testing of calling the original e.g. M64 from within the remapped M64
> needs bath interp and HAL, plus the connecting machinery, so it was a
> timely example for me.  Thanks!

I see that you import hal, but i don't see you use it.  You're verifying
the dout settings by looking in the stat buffer, which is probably fine,
and which *should* agree with Motion's digital-out hal pins.

If you wanted to add that to the test, take a look at how (for example)
the io-startup test does it.  I think this improvement is optional,
since that's not at the core of what the test is testing.

> The M66 test is also a good example of how to remap a code that returns
> INTERP_EXECUTE_WAIT.
>
> [1]: https://github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/commit/ffac8964

This is very cool.  I very much appreciate your thorough testing and
bugfixing in this tricky area.

Looking at the history of ffac8964 i see a commit from Norbert
(d3820714) that's not in any mainline branch, but that also looks like
it doesn't belong with the remap work you're doing.  There's a commit in
master (389bba5ff) that matches it.  An off-by-one rebase perhaps?

I see that you brought back to life a commented-out call to
read_inputs() in Inter::synch(), which seems right to me (though i dont
know the details).  Do you know why it was disabled?

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky