As I said in my previous mail... there are many ways to do this fairly
easily in linux. To directly answer your last question, yes, it does.

Some of the options for switching depend on your desktop environment, if
you are using one, but it can be as simple as different launchers for
running axis with a different locale variable. That would allow you to
set different languages for different applications, or instances of
applications. Or you could have multiple user log-ins so that the entire
desktop environment, and the linuxCNC applications that support
translation are ALL rendered in the alternative language.

All of the support tools are already in place in Debian and XFCE that is
on the standard install image. I know at least some of the localization
support is in axis, but I have not played with it yet or looked through
the code specifically for it so can't say to what degree it works.