Good point... I didn't even think of storing a mesh, wireframe, or SVG
of the tool profile in the DB.

I started playing with the path feature of the latest FreeCAD last
night. This morning I started to wonder what all of the different CAM
programs expect for reading in tool tables and if LinunCNC should even
care about that?