On Sunday 11 December 2016 01:30:42 Robert Ellenberg wrote:

> For anyone interested in testing, my latest branch based on Peter's
> suggestion, and a bunch of other spindle tracking fixes is here:
>
> https://github.com/robEllenberg/linuxcnc-mirror/tree/feature/spindle-s
>ync-overhaul-2.7
>
> I've tweaked a lot of spindle tracking code, so I'd be careful when
> running it on hardware (cut air or wax first!).
>
> Best,
> Rob

Thank you Robert, I look fwd to giving it a workout if it applies to the
vfd controlled spindle in my now underway Sheldon conversion.  The vfd
is a stiff enough control, so unlike 2 of my other machines treating the
dc spindle motors as velocity servo's, I won't need the PID with the vfd
doing the work.  At least thats what it says here according to my
testing it on the worktable.

Running the 2.8-pre tree on a raspberry pi feeding a 7i90HD, I would hope
that it gets migrated to the pi's (running a rt kernel on a basically
armbian jessie build) 2.8-pre fairly quickly.  I fact, none of my 3.5
machines is running a 2.7 and hasn't been in close to a year.

Stay warm everybody, the weather folks are making threatening noises
about the next week or so in my neck of the woods.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)