Ahh, that would have been smart to include before:

   - sim_spindle_encoder's position signal is now quantized based on
   encoder resolution.
   - Use motion.spindle-speed-in as the velocity reference for spindle
   position tracking (falls back to old velocity calculation if this pin is
   unconnected)
   - Tweak position error correction math to reduce acceleration jitter
   - Add a HAL pin, motion.spindle-tracking-gain (range 0.0 to 1.0) to
   control how aggressive position tracking is. 1.0 is stock behavior, 0.0 is
   no position tracking.
   - Fix "sync_accel" phase of position tracking for low-count encoders.
   - Experimental fix for issue 167
   <https://github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/issues/167> by popping an error
   message to the user and reducing spindle speed (if possible)
   - Fix for issue 68 <https://github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/issues/68> by
   disabling blending at start of G33 (to be consistent w/ 2.6.x)

Backend changes:

   - Group some spindle status variables into struct:
      - Motion spindle command outputs are in a struct called "spindle_cmd"
      in emcStatus
      - motion spindle inputs are now in a struct called "spindle_fb"
   - Math tweaks to rigid tapping / position tracking to prevent
   discontinuities due to sign changes.

-Rob

On Sun, Dec 11, 2016 at 8:20 AM andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 11 December 2016 at 06:30, Robert Ellenberg <rwe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> For anyone interested in testing, my latest branch based on Peter's
> suggestion, and a bunch of other spindle tracking fixes is here:

Can you explain what is changed and improved?

--
atp
lunatics."