I had the same problem.  A half solution was to check the size of the
structures eg sizeof(EMC_STAT).  I only need to know if a binary has
changed, and stop when there was a mismatch.

-----Original Message-----
From: Les Newell [mailto:les.new...@fastmail.co.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, 21 December 2016 6:30 AM
To: EMC developers
Subject: [Emc-developers] Checking NML version

I am writing an application that remotely controls LinuxCNC. I found
linuxcncrsh was too slow and difficult to work with so I am writing a binary
equivalent that is optimized for speed. So far so good. Now the problem is
that I need to support a number of different LinuxCNC versions. The problem
is that structures such as emcStatus change between some versions of
LinuxCNC. Is there any way to check the current API version?

Les