On Friday 28 July 2017 08:42:49 C. Thomas Schneider wrote:

> Gene,
> I will see what I can do to leverage Git to provide this information -
> I may create a branch to help track this.
>
> Please note: This is only going to impact configurations with more
> than one rotational axis [ABC]

Which I have no configurations using.  My most complex setup has a single
rotary table I treat as A, but write code for according to how its
mounted, and which is not plugged in 99.9% of the time.

So my problem lurks elsewhere.

IOW, you don't need to go to this effort on my behalf.

Thanks Tom.

> I will let this DL know when I am done.
> -Tom
>

> I am having a similar problem on the lathes. Generally I just edit the
> file, changinging the rotation number until it works, but then I
> generally have to play with the Z offset. That doesn't always result
> in the backplot positions being a match when the actual cut does
> match.
>
> > I was having issues with how the tool was being displayed in Axis in
> > my configuration. My "mill" is an XZAB configuration  (No "Y" axis).
> >

> > I traced the issue to the ../lib/python/rs274/glcanon.py script
> >
> > In the redraw method when rotating the tool it uses the geometry as
> > parsed by the axis.py. the problem is that axis reverses the order
> > of the labels.
> >
> > So AXZ-B becomes -BZXA
> >

> > This works fine for the back plot and everything else but the
> > glRotatef calls in the redraw() function are reversed when GLOpen
> > executes them (at least this is my understanding).
> >

> > I added the following (in bold) and everything seems to work for me:
> > (There was also an "import re" added near the top of the file)
>
> Bold is not a font spec that is sent to the other end in a text mail,
> so I've no clue what you are adding, or to which file.
>
> >     glPushMatrix()
> >
> >     glTranslatef(*pos)
> >
> >     sign = 1
> >
> >     g = re.split(" *(-?[XYZABCUVW])", self.get_geometry())
> >
> >     g = "".join(reversed(g))
> >

> >     for ch in g: # Geometry in reverse order
> >
> >         if ch == '-':
> >
> >             sign = -1
> >
> >         elif ch == 'A':
> >
> >             glRotatef(rx*sign, 1, 0, 0)
> >
> >             sign = 1
> >
> >         elif ch == 'B':
> >
> >             glRotatef(ry*sign, 0, 1, 0)
> >
> >             sign = 1
> >
> >         elif ch == 'C':
> >
> >             glRotatef(rz*sign, 0, 0, 1)
> >
> >             sign = 1
> >

> > I don't think this is the most efficient means to do this and would
> > appreciate feedback from the group.
> >

> > Thank you!
> >
> > -Tom
>
> A diff file, intended to be used by patch, might be a better way to
> convey what you've done, and to which file it is done to. I am
> assuming this patch is for ../lib/python/rs274/glcanon.py script, but
> since there is not an absolute anchor point in that string, it could
> be located anyplace in 75GB of data here.
>
> If after those points are clarified, it fixes my lathe tooltable
> editing shenanigans, I'll also be thankfull Tom.
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett
> --
> -Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Cheers, Gene Heskett