On Thursday 16 November 2017 11:58:46 Peter C. Wallace wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Nov 2017, Jon Elson wrote:
> > Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2017 10:50:58 -0600
> > From: Jon Elson <el...@pico-systems.com>
> > To: EMC developers <emc-developers@lists.sourceforge.net>
> > Subject: Re: [Emc-developers] FlipFlop
> >
> > On 11/16/2017 09:08 AM, andy pugh wrote:
> >> Someone on the forum has noticed that the output pin of the
> >> Flipflop component is of IO type
> >>
> >> This seems slightly odd. (It is a compnent that has had very little
> >> attention)
> >> https://github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/commits/master/src/hal/compone
> >>nts/flipflop.comp
> >
> > It looks like (I'm no expert on the code behind comp) that it might
> > actually be functional to set or clear the FF by writing a value to
> > out.  So, almost no way to tell if anyone is actually USING it that
> > way!
> >
> > Jon
>
> Yes, I tried it and it works as expected (setp-ing the output true or
> false sticks )
>
> Whether is was intended to work this way, perhaps only the author
> knows.
>
> At the risk of showing my age, I think you could do this on some early
> (RTL) hardware flip flops...

Chuckle, yes you are showing your age, me too as I can also remember
that. However, I rewrote that code and it doesn't use the flipflop
anymore. #3998 used as memory now.

Unfortunately, I must have forgotten to enable the halui stuff, none of
it works now. Yeah, I forgot the "HALUI = halui" in the ini file. Now
its all triggering but not sure its working 100% yet. I need the camera
working to calibrate the rest of it.

See my other post about missing gtk+2 stuffs.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)