On Thu, 31 Jan 2019, wi...@erste.de wrote:

Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2019 13:07:22 +0100
From: wi...@erste.de
To: EMC developers <emc-developers@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Emc-developers] new member and a lot of questions...

Am 31.01.19 um 11:55 schrieb andy pugh:
Does RTAI allow Ethernet hardware access?

here is a realtime-eth-projekt:

http://rtnet.org/

but latest update is nearly 6 yaers old: 9 May 2013

RTnet was going to be folded into Xenomai using RTDM but very sadly the guy working on this (Gilles Chanteperdrix) died unexpectedly in 2016. I think ist is abandoned at this point.

We (Mesa) had originally used RTnet+RTAI for our Ethernet connected motion devices but the lack of modern MAC support led us to try Preempt-RT and
userland real time and it proved adequate for servo thread rate realtime
and keeps getting better as Preempt-RT improves.

Peter Wallace
Mesa Electronics

(\__/)