Hi,
I'm trying to creating a new gcode command to move joints.
Base on rushabhGH switchkin branch:
https://github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/compare/master...rushabhGH:switchKins
My idea is mixing G1 and G12.1 to a command that works like:
    G12.1 P1 (Switch kinematic) ---> G1 (move joint) -->G12.1 P0 (Switch
back old kinematic).
1st: I try move joints by 3 commands:
   G12.1 P1
   G1 X40 F4200
   G12.1 P0
Everything look fine.

2nd: i change G12.1 to motion group-modal 1 (old group was modal 0), mixing
command in  interp_convert.cc file base on above idea: switch kinematic -->
use G1 function --> switch back old kinematic. source for this function
look like below:

> *int Interp::convert_kins_switch(block_pointer block,     //!< pointer to
> a block of RS274 instructions*

*                               setup_pointer settings)  //!< pointer to
machine settings*
*{*
*  settings->kinsSwitch_flag = true;*

*  ADJUST_KINS_OFFSET(1);*
*  CHP(convert_straight(G_1, block, settings)); //move joints*
*  settings->kinsSwitch_flag = true;*
*  ADJUST_KINS_OFFSET(0);*
*  return INTERP_OK;*
*}*

Motion isnt working like 1st case(look at below figure).
So i just have a question: *What difference between using 3 gcode commands
and use 3 functions in 1 gcode command?*
--
Lê Thắng
Phone: (+84) 7722443855