On 2020-11-21 5:59 p.m., Rod Webster wrote:
Can't programs (like qtdragon)  reliably reference the official published
docs for the version of Linuxcnc they were deployed with?

I don't think so. They of course they can reference them on the net - but that's not helpful if you are offline.

I'll have to install linuxcnc on a system and see if the compiled HTML docs are on it.

Surely that solves the problem and ensures the docs are always up to date.
There is no way I want to depend on offline docs when the living up to date
current docs exist.

The 'offline' docs would be as up to date as the linuxcnc package is. In QtDragon's case they were actually very similar to our docs and I would prefer they be the same source. So maybe I'm asking how to create Sphinx HTML docs from our sources that can be included as installed files.

Some of this is a similar problem that translations have-  the process of making of docs/translations for a certain part (say qtdragon) is too big/difficult for the average person. I'd also say the docs are looking a bit dated these days - I must say the sphinx docs look very sharp.

Chris