Sorry if I come across as aggressive. I am very strong about sticking to
standards even if they are near obsolete.
Really the standard for distributing documents for off line consumption is
PDF.
HTML  belongs on a server out on the internet. To place it on a user's PC
without a web server on there too is not desirable in my view.

Don't forget that PDF stands for portable document format. Its designed to
be created and distributed in a non changing format. HTML isn't. In my view
the correct choice has been made. To add  HTML to the user is just not
appropriate. I find it is fine to navigate the web site docs from my
machine via the internet.

There may be a case for a user to build the HTML docs to place on an
internal server to be served by Apache,Nginx or IIS if they don't want to
give their machine's Internet access. But that creates a source of data
redundancy vs the more up to date docs on the web site.  That is not
desirable from a systems perspective. You could end up chasing an error
with out of date documentation with an incorrect solution.

But its not the 90's now. I've even got light bulbs that connect to the
internet and update their firmware. And I have a press brake that updates
itself too. Why fight it?

Rod Webster
*1300 896 832*
+61 435 765 611