On Wed, 28 Jul 2021 at 16:14, Jeff Epler <jep...@unpythonic.net> wrote:

> I'm not opposed to it.

I object to objecting to "master". The word itself has so many
meanings unrelated to a particular period in the millenia through
which the slave trade existed.
My school had a headmaster. The UK judiciary has a "Master of the
Rolls". "Master" does not imply "and slave"[1]

I also object to "Main" as it isn't.

Neither name accurately describes the "development" branch.

Current "master" is in no sense the "master". Changes in "master" do
not propagate into the released branches.

I support changing the name to more accurately describe the branch as
the development branch, and propose "dev"

[1] As a small-case sub-note: This objection to "master" is US
cultural imperialism, based on _your_ history.

--
atp
lunatics."