________________________________
From: andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com>
Sent: July 29, 2021 1:29 AM
To: EMC developers <emc-developers@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Emc-developers] Using `main` instead of `master` branch

On Wed, 28 Jul 2021 at 16:14, Jeff Epler <jep...@unpythonic.net> wrote:

> I'm not opposed to it.

I object to objecting to "master". The word itself has so many
meanings unrelated to a particular period in the millenia through
which the slave trade existed.
My school had a headmaster. The UK judiciary has a "Master of the
Rolls". "Master" does not imply "and slave"[1]

I also object to "Main" as it isn't.

Neither name accurately describes the "development" branch.

Seems like another solution looking for a problem.
Do we really need to waste our time changing names and breaking things just to
pick another work that essentially means the same thing?
Let's not waste the little development energy we have.

Chris