I'm not at all against long running branches of development. I have two
myself (which I need to finish and pull request!) I propose that these
could be moved to personal github accounts and merged later when ready. In
the end removing these tags from the main repository and putting them into
parallel github accounts helps separate concerns and reduces confusion
about what is going on in linuxcnc.

My clone of linuxcnc has so many branches that I dont know what they are
for. I think in general all if these branches end up functioning as noise
to most people. (not saying that they don't contain useful changes) but in
that case why arent we discussing on the dev list and pulling changes into
master....

2 semantic cents is all I have to offer here... :-)

-Curt