Hi Daniel,

Eclipse is used by a lot of embedded  CPU vendors like NXP, Microchip, STM and RTOS like vxworks.
It's worth trying.
But the start is hard, that's for sure.

An alternative, that is not that hard to learn, is  Visual Studio Code.

I'm not the biggest Microsoft fan on the planet, but I have to admit that this tool is quite good.

You may check it out.
Import the complete "EMC" source and not open only single files.
Accept the suggestion to install c / c++ (and for python for the gui)  extensions when VSC  detects appropriate code.

Navigating to a unknown source that complex without an editor that keeps track of the data structures and classes
is extremely hard to do.

cheers

Rainer

BTW: private mail has been sent.