Le jeu. 3 mars 2022 à 16:14, Steffen Möller <steffen_moel...@gmx.de> a
écrit :

> Dear all,
>
> I had a phone conversation with the EtherCAT Technology Group's
> president, Martin Rostan, this morning.

Thanks a lot for taking care of this 👍🙏

ETG's statutes (Satzung in German) do not allow non-legal entities to
> become members. Bummer.

Well, not that astonishing when you think about it.

I propose that we look into what ROS has come up with.

Let's hope they have infos to clarify this a bit...

Otherwise, I do

not know what this means for us, except to take care not to mix the
> EtherCAT codebase with the regular LinuxCNC.

Generally speaking, I think this should be the standard way of doing things
if we have to ship "foreign" code by ourselves.
Whether to put our glue in our main repository or in a separate one like
ROS...

To avoid paperwork that
> would not make much practical difference for anyone, we were discouraged
> to register a newly formed society that could be a member. But there may
> be other sorts of motivation to have something that can hold money for
> LinuxCNC. User meetings come to mind, and then this organization could
> also become a member as a side-event.

I'd fully support such an decision, like I support the just born FreeCAD
organization!