Rod,

I wish some of our LinuxCNC Gurus would know some of the ROS Gurus and
jointly meditate over this. We should possibly not discuss this too much
as a sole CNC/robotics problem. This tech is useful whenever you need to
synchronize something between multiple machines/devices.

I truly don't know what we should be doing as a community. Anyone close
to ROS?

Best,
Steffen