On 07.04.22 16:26, andy pugh wrote:
On Thu, 7 Apr 2022 at 15:07, Steffen Möller <steffen_moel...@gmx.de> wrote:
  LinuxCNC built for 14 different platforms
(https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=linuxcnc) and while RISC
V likely has everyone's attention, IBM's big iron s390x seems less
interesting for us.
Is that really saying that we can run LinuxCNC on a Motorola 68k in a
classic Mac?
(What I am really asking about here is the realtime kernel dependency part)

I am a bit rusty here but a memory management unit is required which is
only available starting with the 68030? Or the 68020 with an extra chip?
Yip
https://www.macworld.com/article/220967/how-to-install-linux-on-a-vintage-68k-mac.html

The M68k has a name for realtime computing but I have no idea about how
much of that is made available for a regular Linux.