On Thursday, 5 May 2022 12:38:54 EDT gene heskett wrote:
> On Thursday, 5 May 2022 08:55:29 EDT andy pugh wrote:
> > On Thu, 5 May 2022 at 12:04, gene heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
wrote:
> > > PROGRAM_PREFIX =  /home/gene/linuxcnc/nc_files
> >
> > And that is where it is? And it is called M111 with a capital letter
> > and no extension?
> >
> > Did you see that you need to restart LinuxCNC for it to be available
> > (no idea why)
>
> Thats been done too. Probably 4, maybe 5 times. I'm having home switch
> problems suddenly. Its busy putting the final fine passes on a test
> screw, but I'll try it again when thats done.
>
> My PETG harmonic drive, at 40/1, it seems to be wearing at a much
> higher rate than the 50/1 did. Autopsy indicated when this screw is
> finished, if it finishes the screw.

And I noted that it was not returning to zero at the end of a threading
run, so I changed the drive for another one that I think is 50/1.
So in prep for recalibration of it, I tried my M111. no error, and it
worked, so it that regard, I'm in business. Now for a recal run.

Thanks Andy.

> Thanks Andy.
>
> > --
> > atp
> > "A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is
> > designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and
> > lunatics."
> > — George Fitch, Atlanta Constitution Newspaper, 1912

> Cheers, Gene Heskett.
> --
> -Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
> If we desire respect for the law, we must first make the law
> respectable. - Louis D. Brandeis

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis