On Thursday, 5 May 2022 14:51:21 EDT gene heskett wrote:
> > (M111)
> > screw, but I'll try it again when thats done.
> > finished, if it finishes the screw.
>
> And I noted that it was not returning to zero at the end of a threading
> loop, so I changed the drive for another one that I think is 50/1.
If so, it will take a SCALE entry thats 5/4ths of the current one.
> So
> in prep for recalibration of it, I tried my M111. no error, and it
> worked, so it that regard, I'm in business. Now for a recal run.
And I am not getting sensible answers.
I have two sample-holds made out of mux2's, both watching the stepgen3-
counts which supposedly represents the number sent to the driver, like
this:
setp b_tally.gain0 -1.00000000 # b_tally is a sum2
setp b_tally.gain1  1.00000000
# count 100 trips of the b home switch
setp comp_cal0.in0  4.00000000 # count 4 turns
setp comp_cal1.in0 104.00000000 # count 100 more turns
net bpos_counts <= hm2_5i25.0.stepgen.03.counts
net bpos_counts => S32_float-cal.in
net bpos_countf <= S32_float-cal.out
net bpos_countf => mux2cal0.in0 mux2cal1.in0 # B steps made to both
# sample-holds

net bcalibrate0 <= mux2cal0.out => mux2cal0.in1 b_tally.in0 # make into
sample-hold
net bcalibrate1 <= mux2cal1.out => mux2cal1.in1 b_tally.in1 # make into
sample-hold

And watch b_tally,in0 for first count freeze
watch b_tall.in1 for 2nd freeze
At which point b_tally.out is showing the counts for 100 turns of the B
drive. A rather large 8 digit value.

Divide that by 100 to get steps per one full turn of the axis.

Then since the axis is angular, and in degrees, divide that by 360 to get
degrees. stop lcnc, edit the ini file and update that STEPGEN_SCALE with
the number. Touch off b@0.00. run B either way to 360, but its short, I
need to run it to around 390 to look like a full furn.

Each time I run this, I get a bigger result.

What in tunket am I doing wrong?

Thanks Andy.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)