On 12/3/22 18:57, chris morley wrote:
I am not sure why you are hostile. I am really trying to understand exactly what you want. Machinekit did work on networking, though I think it was just HAL. It's why I mentioned it.

Underneath HAL there is NML that links major sections of LinuxCNC together and makes the state of major components available.  NML exports the ENTIRE state of everything to all clients.  This is doable on a single computer system, but causes issues on multiple networked nodes.  Machinekit was trying to replace ALL NML with ZeroMQ, which was designed to do this in a networked way.  Clients tell it what structures they want to subscribe to, and ONLY those structures are transmitted to that client.  My understanding is that this replacement was never finished.  Machinekit was aimed at work cell/robot systems and multiple instances of LinuxCNC working together in shared 3D spaces.

Jon