On Thu, Dec 8, 2022 at 10:39 PM Jon Elson <el...@pico-systems.com> wrote:

> On 12/8/22 20:12, Greg C wrote:
> > I wonder if anyone has insight to:
> > 1. Why MAX_POINTS was lowered?
> > 2. If I increased this back to 100000 or even 1000000, are there any
> > potential negative side effects (I didn't see anything obvious in the
> brief
> > testing I did)?
> >
> There were complaints that very long G-code files could take
> up to 45 minutes to render, and apparently you could not
> begin running the program until that had completed.

Just to make sure we are in alignment, I am talking about the live
plotter.  AFAIK, that's information is populated in real time while running
the program.

I tested this by using eoffsets to deviate from the tool path while the
program is running.  If the information was populated ahead of time,
there's no way my deviations would be plotted properly, which they were.

On Thu, Dec 8, 2022 at 9:27 PM Sam Sokolik <samco...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Iirc it was just to make the preview more responsive...

Interesting.  I bumped it back to the original setting from 2009, and in my
albeit brief testing, I see no appreciable difference other than the tail
of the tool path does not unwind anymore.  There didn't seem to be any
noticeable effects on memory resources either.

I wonder if anyone is opposed to adding a 0 and bumping it up 10x?