this a couple of months ago for one of our clients.

Pete's right about the Annex U not applying to the Furukawa wire under Amd. 3.
 However,  Furukawa petitioned the standard committee, and the notes from the
meeting stated that Amd. 4 would include a revision to accept Furukawa type
wiring under Annex U.

I would assume that Furukawa has already begun the Annex U investigation, as
they are running neck and neck with another triple insulated wire manufacturer
(Totoku Elec. Co., Ltd.).

I think that the way our client resolved the issue is that they had their
product approved to 2nd Amd., which the Furukawa has been evaluated for, and
will re-evaluate the product at a later date.

Hope this helps.

Art Kampmeier
A-Pex International Co., Ltd.