George:

     I would be interested if you have had any response made directly to
     you on this, as I have not seen any responses come across.  Anyway,
     here are my comments.

     I have a chart from TUV Rheinland also and it matches what you have
     stated regarding products certified before March 1, 1995 to
     EN60950:1988/A2:1991 are valid until 3/1/2000.  I think the problem
     could be that you now have to re-certify *your* product since it is
     now no longer valid, and it is now later than March 1, 1995 so
     EN60950:1992/A2:1993 now must be used (at a minimum).  I would also
     assume then that any component used in your system must also meet this
     later version.

     If this is correct, then it really doesn't make much sense to me.  How
     can the power supply manufacturer still sell their product with a
     valid approval, but another company cannot use it in their new
     product?

     The January 1, 1996 date that you mentioned also confuses me a bit.
     My chart from TUV states that products complying with EN60950:1988 are
     valid until 3/1/1996.

     Any further comments?

     ..Mike
     Michael Miele                      Phone:  508-656-9360
     Manager, Homologations             Fax:    508-656-9352
     Telebit Corporation                E-mail: m_mi...@telebit.com
     One Executive Drive
     Chelmsford, MA 01824 USA