For whoever's benefits, merger is not seldomly seen these days.
I have a problem with it when any of the safety critical component
manufacturers has a merger. They still manufacture the same
components but the label is changed. Then we have to modify our
safety reports to reflect the changes otherwise you'll get
variation notices from different safety agency inspectors.

Each of these minor changes will cost the company several hundred
dollars. If we don't use many of the component and the component
and the unit are cheap, we will have a great cost increase.

I feel something wrong in this process. I would like to hear from
other safety professionals how you handle the situation. TIA.

Tom Bao
t...@superlink.net

Courtesy of RCIC
http://uc.com/compliance_engineering/