>From everything relaible I have heard postponed enforcement of EMC Directive
is only on many wish lists, not more than that.

Mike or Ron,

Please call Dave Imeson, EMC Manager, IBM UK Ltd., Chairman of
Association of EU Competent Bodies, tel: +44 1962 818-097 and post his
interpretations on pstc.

Thanks,
Mirko Matejic         email: mmate...@foxboro.com
The Foxboro Company   tel: (508) 549-3185
From: ron_well...@hp-paloalto-om4.om.hp.com
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 96 11:46:24 -0700
Subject: Re: EU 12-month "administrative tolerance"
To: owner-emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org, r...@ms1.hinet.net
Cc: emc-p...@ieee.org, m_sher...@delphi.com

     Hello Mike,

     From what I have heard, this applies only to the clearance of stocked
     products that were in the EU before January 1, 1996. However, this
     relaxation is not being accepted by all EU Member States. The UK might
     be one Member State that is allowing this. Regardless, products coming
     into the EU after January 1, 1996 are not subject to any relaxation
     from the EMC Directive.

     Regards,
     Ron Wellman

     |Ronald R. Wellman              |Corporate Quality Department|
     |Hewlett-Packard Company        |External Product Regulations|
     |Product Processes Organization |Voice : 415-857-6059        |
     |1501 Page Mill Road, MS 5UL    |FAX   : 415-857-6340        |
     |Palo Alto, California 94304 USA|E-Mail: well...@corp.hp.com |
     | "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by  |
     |  age eighteen." - Albert Einstein                          |